Welcome!

My life as a Mother and Teacher. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

17 Day Diet

So I have decided I must do something about my weight.  I'm tired if taking photos and being unhappy with myself.My mother in law showed me her information on the 17 day diet and it sounded interesting and like something that I could commit to.  I did weight watchers a few years ago but all my books are out of date and I don't want to reinvest.  I lost some weight with weight watchers but I think I need something a little more drastic this time around.  I got pregnant with my son in 2009 and gained more than I should around 45 lbs.  Which put me at 200 lbs at the end of my pregnancy.  After I had my son I dropped to about 185 I think.  Then 6 months later I got pregnant with my daughter.  I was nursing my son so I hadnt had a chance to really diet and lose weight.  I only gained about 30 lbs with my daughter...but I havent been able to lose any of that weight.  Right now I weigh 196 lbs which is ridiculous...I'm 5'5".  According to the 17 day diet my target weight is 144 lbs.  Before I decided to get on this diet I was really trying to lose weight.  I started cutting out sweets except the occasional nutella on a graham cracker which really isn't that bad. I also started running three times a week along with my regular dance teaching exercises. I thought I was doing a good job but I was just maintaining my weight.  I've been looking for a new way to lose weight and my mother in law told me about this diet and lets be real...all diets work if the person sticks to them. So I decided to try this diet and first and foremost I want to say I'm no expert.

Here is a little bit about the diet.
This diet consists of four cycles.  The first cycle consists of eating lean proteins, cleansing vegetables, low sugar fruits, probiotics, some friendly fats like olive oil and flaxseed oil and then you get some condiments like salsa, anything no fat or low carb like marinara sauce, or sour cream.  You can also have truvia sweeteners, sugar free jams and jellies, fat free cheeses, and fat free salad dressings and a few other condiments. Then you gradually add back in more foods for each cycle. You can eventually eat carbs but good carbs like whole wheat and grains like quinoa. I'm a little worried about sticking completely to this diet because seriously sometimes you just want a cookie! I think I will just have one if I want it...if I cut out all that other junk having one cookie one day isnt going to reverse all the work I've done...right?  I sure hope not.  My birthday is also wednesday and I'm sure I will get taken out one night this week so the hell with it that meal!  But seriously I will lose the weight and I will get healthy and then...I think I will call up my life insurance guy and get re-evaluated for a lower rate! Thats some motivation right?  We shall see.

If you are interested in trying this plan do know that it also requires that you exercise 17 minutes a day at a minimum of 6 days a week..this could be just walking or specific exercises that keep your heart rate up. Because I teach dance I will get at least that. Once summer begins though I will have to find some more exercise options.

Also just wanted to let you know I have only skimmed the pages my mother in law had copied from the book which were basically just the cycle's food plans; I have no idea what else is in the book. I have done some research over the internet for more information but this research came from other blogs mostly.  I ordered the book but until it comes in I will be following the first cycle which is called the Accelerate Cycle.  You should also know (if interested in doing yourself) you cant eat as many as want of the foods listed above.You can have as many lean fats as you want with the exception of eggs (2 eggs a day or 4 egg whites). You can eat as many cleansing veggies a day, but you may only eat 2 servings of low sugar fruit each day.  You can also have 2 servings of probiotics a day (yogurt, etc).  Everything else that you see yourself missing...bread, cheese, milk, etc you cant eat during this cycle.

I will update tomorrow with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment