Welcome!

My life as a Mother and Teacher. Enjoy!

Monday, February 20, 2012

easy macaroni and cheese

My husband loves homemade macaroni and cheese and my son and I love kraft macaroni and cheese so I tried and tried until I created a recipe that we all really enjoy.

Ingredients
1 pound macaroni noodles
half a cup of shredded swiss cheese<br>
1 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese
half a cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon of butter (optional)
Extra cheese for topping
Potato chips or bread crumbs for topping

Cook noodles according to the package instructions.  Put cheeses in a glass making dish that has been lightly greased.  Microwave whipping cream and butter until warm and poor over cheeses.  Stir until combined and cheeses are slightly melted.  Add noodles and combine well.  If you desire a cheesy topping you can have some extra cheese to top it with.  Crumble potato chips or bread crumbs on top of cheese.  Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.  My husband likes his really crusty so I cook it a little longer for him.

You can alter this recipe any way you want.  The cheese s especially are great to change up until you find the right combo for your family.  I like the cheddar and the swiss gives it a really nice bite.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment