Welcome!

My life as a Mother and Teacher. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Alice Springs Chicken (my version)

Yummy!  This recipe is not too difficult but it is so flavorful and delicious.  You can really substitute any of the ingredients and build your own cheesy topped goodness.  I think I might try it dipped in ranch dressing next.  I also added fresh spinach to the top after cooking just to add some green to the plate. 

Ingredients:
Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breast
Honey Mustard sauce or anything similar
Mushrooms
Cheese (any kind you like or combination)
Bacon (or if you are pressed for time bacon pieces from the salad dressing aisle)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
Salt and pepper chicken and sear on both sides in a little olive oil in a frying pan.  After searing on each side dip in honey mustard sauce (both sides).  Then set in a greased baking pan.  Saute mushrooms in frying pan and salt and pepper to taste until cooked through.  Layer mushrooms on top of chicken then top with cheeses (I used mozzarella, cheddar and swiss).  Then sprinkle bacon over top.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.  Be careful not to cook chicken too long so that it doesn't dry out.

Also I have some extra chicken and I plan on using it for quesadillas later on in the week!  Two meals in one is definitely my friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment