Welcome!

My life as a Mother and Teacher. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

Since it's so cold outside I thought I'd post this soup recipe which is one of my favs.

1 lb chicken (I cover with olive oil and S and P and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until cooked through and then shred)
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
Egg noodles (I use abt 3/4 of the bag)
6 cups water
3 to 4 T chicken base

This recipe is defintely a judgement and whatever you like kind of recipe.  I begin by putting veges water and chicken base in a large stock pot.  You want the broth to have flavor but not be too salty because it will redue throughout cooking.  I usually fill the pot up with water and then add chicken base until I like the flavor.

Boil veges until they are tender then add your shredded chicken and noodles. You may need to add more water if yours has reduced too much...also dont forget you will need plenty of water for the noodles to absorb.  Make sure you taste broth to make sure it has lots of flavor.  Boil for about 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.  I serve with grilled cheese sandwiches.  This is a great way to get kids to eat their veges too.  The chicken base gives them a really nice taste.

sn: if youd like a thicker sauce right before serving mix a small amount of cold water with about 1to 2 T of cornstarch then add to soup and stir over medium heat until you reach the thickness you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment