Welcome!

My life as a Mother and Teacher. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shrimp and Crab Salad

I know I promised I would blog about the rice krispies but they didn't turn out the way I'd like because they kept falling apart on me so I will tweak the recipe and hopefully next time it will work. But I did make a delicious meal tonight that I'd like to share with you.
Shrimp and Crab Salad
20 medium shrimp (8 ounces) tails removed and sliced in half
1 can crab meat
3 tablespoons mayo
1 small onion diced
1 celery stalk diced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
3 splashes texas pete
Cajun Seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Marinate shrimp with 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning. (I left mine in the fridge for a few hours while the shrimp defrosted) Saute onion and celery in olive oil on medium heat (season with a little salt and pepper), add butter crab meat and marinated shrimp. Cook until warmed through. Put in a separate bowl and add mayo, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and texas pete. We put this on hoagie rolls and broiled in oven until bread was toasted. I topped with tomato and Todd ate his plain. I think this would be a great appetizer served with crackers. You could also slice baguettes and top with the mixture. Endless possibilities! Hope you enjoy!
No pictures because we ate it all up so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment