Welcome!

My life as a Mother and Teacher. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summertime food favorite




So far this summer I have made this dish for my family 3 times and here is the 4th and each time was different. I think I have finally found the perfect recipe. Todd who doesnt like tomatoes loves this and a couple of others I have made this for dont like tomatoes, but still enjoy this so try it out and you might be suprised!








Cilantro Bruchetta



1 tablespoon chopped cilantro

1 tablespoon tomato sauce (no salt added)


4-5 roma tomatoes finely diced


1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon chopped garlic or 1 garlic clove
(I buy the garlic already prechopped in a jar or else my hands smell like garlic for a week)


salt and pepper to taste


1 baguette sliced


sliced fresh mozzarella cheese (you can also use shredded from a bag)



I've used different baguettes each time I've made this dish, I think I like the ones I get from Sam's club the best. They come two to a bag and are really hard. It makes for crispier bruchetta but its still good. If you cant get to sams club you can also get the take and bake long baguette bread from Food Lion. I slice and bake it a little then add the cheese and so on.






Directions:


Mix all ingredients together except bread and cheese, set aside.


Layer bread with one slice of cheese and bake in oven on 350 until cheese is melted.


Add a spoonful of tomato mixture to each slice of bread and bake for about 5-7 minutes on 400.


Enjoy!



You can also skip the tomato sauce and instead pulse a few pieces of tomato, cilantro, and garlic clove in food processor to get a finer chop on the cilantro and garlic. (You could also be like Rachael Ray and micro grate the garlic into the mixture) Then add that to the diced tomatoes.




I'd love your feedback on this recipe if you try it and any recommendations if you tried something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment